Many people have their own way to relief they’re feeling out moment. Whether by going to the hospital or buying medicine, a healthy lifestyle is good to your body than the effect of having chemicals substance.
One of many ways to get a healthy lifestyle is to drink herbal tea often and one of the easiest tea to make is Turmeric Tea. But what makes Turmeric tea so popular around the tea lover and how to make it? In this article, we would give you a simple recipe on how to make turmeric tea and its benefits for your healthy lifestyle.
What is Turmeric Tea?
Turmeric tea is a herb tea that has an active curcumin that could help your digestion and inflammatory problem. The tea is known as the most effective anti-inflammatory herbs ever since. Although other than tea, turmeric also used as some food ingredients, if you eat curries before you will find lots of turmeric spices used in the dish.
- Turmeric has antioxidant that has the ability to free the radicals that can cause a mutation in our DNA
- The curcumin in Turmeric can suppress and prevent illness such as cancer and some effect that is caused by smoke
- With its anti-inflammatory power, Turmeric is really effective to treat many illnesses without any side effect
- Turmeric also good for your liver and help with fat digestion
- Turmeric is a natural antiseptic to treat your wounds
- Curcumin can prevent mental declines
- Curcumin also protect you from bad microbial bacterial
- Reduce chronic pains
- Help weight loss and diet
- Reduce depression and good for relaxation
- Good for your skin as it helps your skin internally
Turmeric also used as a natural food coloring spices. It can be shown in curries as the yellow in it comes from the turmeric.
How To Make Tumeric Tea
Now that we know benefits, let’s move on to the recipe! Making a turmeric tea is actually easy. At first, the tea will taste a bit bland but the more you used to it, the more you will like it, so here is the thing you need to remember about the duration of time in brewing the tea.
- Preparation: 5-10 minutes
- Brewing time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: 1 Serving
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- A little clove ( a pinch is enough)
- Nutmeg (A pinch)
- A little fresh black pepper
And as much turmeric you want on the tea!
- 1-2 cups of water
- 1-2 teaspoon of honey
- Milk (You can even add almond or hemp)
The black pepper on the ingredients could be excluded but the black pepper is really good especially for the absorption of curcumin.
- Simmer the water and herbs for 10-15 minutes
- Add some honey or milk
You can also try other methods below:
- Boil water in a teapot for 10-15 minutes
- After that put the boiled water in a blender
- Blend the boiled water with the herbs
- Add some milk and honey
- After that, you can enjoy the tea!
The FAQ about Turmeric
- What kind of turmeric should we use?
Anything Organic! You can also buy some turmeric in spices shop
- Can I use ground spice?
Absolutely can! You can also use pre-ground spice for it
- Can I use fresh turmeric?
Yes, in fact, I suggest you to always make turmeric tea with fresh turmeric spices. The taste will be absolutely different with a long used one.
- Should I use black pepper?
It’s up to you, but black pepper do boast the curcumin effect in the tea
- Is there a limit to the turmeric I can use in the tea?There’s no real limit or a right measurement on how many turmerics you can add to the tea but you shouldn’t drink more than 1-2 cups a day since its quite strong.
And that’s all about the recipe on how to make a turmeric tea and it benefits for your healthy lifestyle! How about now? Do you feel interested to try some? It might be quite simple but it’s really a good investment for your healthy life and care. I hope this article helps you and thank you for reading! Have a good day!